Helping patients achieve better health outcomes through pharmacy.
Conducting research and encouraging development of quality programs in pharmacy to improve public health.
The American College of Apothecaries Research & Education Foundation was incorporated as a public foundation in 1978. The Foundation serves a three-fold purpose:
- To promote the public welfare through development of quality services in institutions providing health care.
- To encourage and conduct research to improve health care provided to the public.
- To encourage health care practitioners to improve the quality and availability of services to the public.
The Foundation Board has approved the following basic objectives:
- To conduct research which can impact health care or education.
- To conduct, support and encourage research designed to solve specific health care problems.
- To recognize achievements in research and education.
- To provide educational and research reports of interest to the public and members of the health professions.
- To develop educational programs and publications intended to increase the knowledge of individuals involved in the drug use process. Emphasis is placed on innovative programs designed to meet needs which are not currently being met.